The Original Scone Blog (plus some food for thought)

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Weenie Roast notes

My homeboy Will Farrell (Class of '86) made a surprise appearance at the KROQ Weenie Roast and spoke to the nubile masses last night:

"I'm Will Farrell. (Loud cheers.) I'm...one of you. I grew up in Irvine, beautiful Irvine, California. (Scattered cheers.) I remember all the times I used to sneak in here... I have some bad news. Our next guest couldn't make it tonight. That's right, I'm sorry to say you won't be able to see Crazytown. Come, my lady. Come come, my lady. You're my butterfly, sugar, baby..."

Then he introduced the scheduled performers, the Beastie Boys.

Weenie Roast is an ten band, 11-hour affair... So I will not try to sum up.

The afternoon kicked off on the side stage with Story of the Year, a young and spirited five-member band. Oh, how young they were!
They were followed by Yellowcard, New Found Glory, and Hoobastank.

Then it moved to the main stage, which was nice as it allowed you to hear all the bands, with The Killers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Modest Mouse, Cypress Hill, The Hives, Velvet Revolver, Bad Religion, Beastie Boys, The Strokes.

I'd write more, but I must return to life as a (relatively) responsible adult now and turn in early.

No comments: